You know those glorious Sunday summer mornings. When the sun has risen, yet it is not too hot and you have also been able to sleep-in until after 9am.
This is that slightly indulgent brunch recipe perfect for those lazy those mornings. With a little pre-planned shop, this recipe can be made in no time and have you sitting outside enjoying good food, company and the world around you.
The crunchy toasted muffin topped with creamy scrambled egg. Layered with the salty smoky salmon. Finally topped with spring onions and lemon juice to add freshness. Definitely full of yum and flavour.
This is one of my favourite brunches to have with my husband out in the back garden, with some fresh juice and freshly brewed coffee …. and no mobile devices.
Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs
- 6 Large Free Range Eggs 60 gram eggs
- 200 grams Smoked Salmon
- 125 mls Milk
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 Tspn Butter
- 1 Tspn Olive Oil
- 2 Muffins
- 1/2 Lemon
- Crack eggs in the 125mls of milk and season with salt and pepper. Than whisk until blended.
- Heat fry pan, add oil and coat all of the pan. Than turn heat down to medium.
- Pop muffins into to toaster, to toast.
- Add egg mixture to pan, do not stir, just swirl and leave. Allow eggs to cook until they are just set. Remove from heat and stir.
- Butter toasted muffins, and place on top equal portions of scrambled eggs. Season
- Take the smoked salmon and cut into slithers. Place slithers on top of scrambled eggs. Squeeze a little lemon juice over the salmon
- Finely chop some spring onions and sprinkle on top with some more cracked pepper.